Viggo-Mortensen
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards

2 verfasser

Nach unten

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards Empty 2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards

Beitrag  Viggo4ever Mi März 12, 2014 4:11 pm

David Cronenberg (Regisseur von "A history of Violence" und "Eastern Promises") wird mit dem Canadian Screen Award geehrt!Die Hauptdarsteller von AHOV Viggo und Maria Bello begleiteten ihn!

Hier ein kleiner Bericht der Huffington Post

A Tribute to David Cronenberg

Beyond just the year's best film and TV, the night was also meant to celebrate one of Canada's most renowned directors, David Cronenberg, who received a lifetime achievement award from the Academy. The special tribute to the iconic Toronto filmmaker included a video montage and speeches by Baruchel and Viggo Mortensen, who called Cronenberg "the finest director and the sanest man I know."

Once the resulting standing ovation died down, the director kept things light, joking that he wants to go for an "afterlife-time achievement award" next. And later on, during the backstage press conference, Cronenberg said he was far from done making movies, telling the assembled press, "Just standing here, I'm getting all kinds of ideas for horror films."

Still, deciding to honour Cronenberg was a no-brainer for Short, since unlike some of his fellow countrymen, he chose to stay in Canada to make his films. In a way, he represents exactly what the Screen Awards are trying to achieve. "I think there was a time where you kind of felt there was a ceiling," Short said of working in the Canadian entertainment industry. "And I think that ceiling is really being smashed away."

But Villeneuve summed up the night's sentiment best, saying, "The thing that I admire the most about other filmmakers is when they are able to build their own world. And there's nobody like David Cronenberg."

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards D5y9

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards 7buh

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards Thv5

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards 63ab

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards 76y1

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards Tziv

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards 0kiu

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards M5ve

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards Kxsp

Hier gibt es ein Video vom Auftritt zu sehen:

Und hier noch ein Red Carpet Interview:

http://www.bttoronto.ca/videos/3320468169001/

Und hier zwei kleinere Berichte über das Event:

From CBA.ca

Tribute to Cronenberg

Midway through, the broadcast took a break for an eerie film montage and tribute to David Cronenberg, with Jay Baruchel and Viggo Mortensen speaking about the celebrated Toronto-based filmmaker.

"Mainstream movie business people, much as they might praise him time to time, seem very reluctant to reward him officially. I can understand that because David basically is not one of them. And I think they know it — a fact that probably makes them even more uncomfortable than his movies do," said Mortensen, who has starred in Cronenberg's films A History of Violence, Eastern Promises and A Dangerous Method.

"I think we’re definitely doing the right thing here tonight," he continued, hailing Cronenberg as "the finest director and the sanest man I know for the artistic excellence and the singular courage of his work."

For his part, the filmmaker chose to tell a joke.

“A man visits his doctor. He says ‘Doctor. I can’t ***.’ The doctor says ‘How old are you?’ He says ‘I’m 93.’ The doctor says ‘You’ve peed enough.’ When I was asked if I would accept this lovely award, it did occur to me the Academy was sending a message that went: David, you’ve peed enough,” Cronenberg said to widespread laughter.

"Somehow I found a way to say yes, I can accept this fantastic and very sweet award that has been given to me by my colleagues with, I know, an incredible sweetness and affection — which makes it, you know, just a beautiful thing."

Dorkshelf.com

In addition to thanking his parents for giving him his subconscious while on stage receiving his award, Denis Villeneuve also gave a shout out and apology to the evening’s big Lifetime Achievement Award winner David Cronenberg for letting him “play in his backyard without permission.” Backstage, Villeneuve would clarify that while he wasn’t directly influenced by Cronenberg’s work, he was a filmmaker that he had tremendous amounts of respect for.

“Let’s face it, when you are shooting a film in Toronto with giant spiders roaming around, you’re in David Cronenberg territory.” Villeneuve said. When asked if he had any favourite Cronenberg films, he said he was “still traumatized” by Dead Ringers, but that he really appreciated the audacity of Crash and Naked Lunch.

Cronenberg was honoured via a clip retrospective introduced by Canadian actor and Cosmopolis supporting actor Jay Baruchel that Cronenberg was surprised to see on TV because in many cases the clips used could never have been shown on TV and in some cases were even cut from the theatrical releases of films by the former Ontario Censor Board. Properly introduced by History of Violence and Eastern Promises star Viggo Mortensen (who briefly and cheekily posed with a Montreal Canadiens flag for photos after the presentation) as “the finest director and the sanest man I know.”

On stage Cronenberg cracked wise and kept things light about being an aging filmmaker, telling a joke about an elderly man who has lost the ability to urinate talking to his doctor, and later referencing the comic strip Dilbert when talking about how he views human nature in relationship to his films. Backstage, Cronenberg was just as funny, but also had a lot to say about how he never looks back in his career and is constantly looking forward. Next on the horizon is his recently completed film Maps to the Stars (which has been submitted to Cannes, but has yet to be accepted), and his first ever novel Consumed will be published in September.

Gruppenkuscheln

Zuletzt von Viggo4ever am Mi März 12, 2014 5:24 pm bearbeitet; insgesamt 4-mal bearbeitet
Viggo4ever
Viggo4ever
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2992

https://viggo-mortensen.forenverzeichnis.com

Nach oben Nach unten

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards Empty Re: 2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards

Beitrag  Anduril Mi März 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Also ich muss sagen, mit dem Bärtchen gefällt er mir richtig gut!  Verliebt 
Anduril
Anduril

Anzahl der Beiträge : 200

Nach oben Nach unten

2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards Empty Re: 2.1) David mit Viggo & Maria bei den Canadian Screen Awards

Beitrag  Viggo4ever Mi März 12, 2014 5:25 pm

Ja da stimme ich dir zu Anduril  Verliebt 

Habe noch einige Fotos, Berichte und Videos ergänzt!  Loveshower 
Viggo4ever
Viggo4ever
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2992

https://viggo-mortensen.forenverzeichnis.com

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Gesponserte Inhalte

Gesponserte Inhalte

Nach oben Nach unten